Monday, November 29, 2010

Growth spurts, learning as they grow and a nomination!

This is the second time since birth where we have concluded that the girls must be going through a growth spurt. The latest one is similar to the last in that they are constantly sleeping. They will sleep for four hours, then eat and then they are right back to sleep again for another four hours. Recently, Rebecca has been more consistent with that schedule whereas Lily tends to wake up more often. During the later part of the night she will wake up every two hours. Good times!

At night, it is great. Obviously we like to get sleep too. In the evening, when I get home from work, it is a bit of a different story because I love spending time with them while they are awake. Usually I am thrown right into it immediately. Which is fine. A bottle and a baby are always waiting for me when I arrive.

The best part is watching them learn as they grow. Making faces and realizing who I am is very rewarding. I try and teach them something new each day, but there are many times at this stage where I am repeating myself. Regardless, watching them learn or confirm something each day and sometimes each hour is worth all the sleepless nights so far.

I've started to read the "what to expect in the first year" book and it has helped a lot. There is so much to think about and so much to pass on, I sometime worry that I won't teach them everything they need in order to stay ahead of the curve. The comforting part is that I know there are tons of parents out there that are going through the exact same thing as we are.

Oh and check this out - this blog has cracked the top three for best new blog. I really do have some tough competition as the other two blogs look and sound great. There are lots of other great blogs who have been nomitated for various awards and I suggest that you go and check them out as well!

With all this new exposure, I plan on making some improvements and adding some badges and links as I find them, but until then you'll just have to support me based on my content alone. I really do appreciate the support from all those who have voted for me. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud to be amongst such great competition with the Mutiples and More Blog Awards nomination! Your blog is beautiful and I congratulate you on your twins!! I'll be sure to stop by frequently! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, Schaubs. Let me know if you want a pretty new banner. And some time, you and I need to talk on the phone (or even better, in person) to discuss what its like with the kids. We are alike in many ways, so I would love to get your perspective and ask you some questions.

    ReplyDelete