Thursday, December 2, 2010

There are bad times too

The wife and I often argue and its always about the little things. People will tell you "don't sweat the small stuff" and it couldn't be more true. We will get at each other for the dumbest most irrelevant stuff and it will fester if we are not careful. Eventually, one of us will snap out of it and either be the first to appologize or will explain in detail why they said what they said at the time and why they think it was appropriate.

Often, that person will lose the battle and will end up saying sorry first. It really doesn't matter who said what or why, the important part is that we recognize that what we are fighting about does not help getting through the evening or weekend as best we can and caring for our children with love and joy. We won't be perfect parents or partners, that we know for sure. What we can do, though, is work on our relationship on a daily basis and understand that we truly are best friends and should act more like it regularily. Best friends don't call each other names and they certainly don't say ridiculous things that create more tension. It really is counterproductive.

I love my wife.

3 comments:

  1. How very sweet, and such an important message. I think I'll go remind my husband of how much I love him now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that it is made even harder when your tired, there's dirty diapers and you can't find the car keys.

    I love my wife too :)

    6 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post. I think we're all prone to saying stupid, mean stuff to our best friends, especially when operating on no sleep. I read a quote somewhere that said something along the lines of "save your best manners for home," and I couldn't agree more. Not that I follow that all the time, but it's sometime I try to remember.

    Looking forward to meeting your girls one of these days!

    ReplyDelete