Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wow, tired.

Rough night, rough start is what I recently tweeted @schaubs

It has definitely been that, and then some. I can take it. I really am pulling for my wife though. I can hear it in her voice, I can see it in her face. It is starting to take its toll. When I am getting 6 hours sleep, she is getting half of that. When I am at work, she is still feeding and changing two babies on her own. It is amazing how well she is doing, but I can still sense that she wonders if things will improve or if they will continue to show signs of getting worse.

We wouldn't trade any of this, but it sure is tiring. Complaining about it seems like a selfish thing to do. Writing about it seems even more futile. How can two people that are so lucky and so blessed be anything but full of energy and pep at all times? The two little lives that we are now responsible for count on us for EVERYTHING. We need to have our game faces on at all times and avoid short cuts. We need to make sure that they have every oppotunity possible to succeed and grow.

It's tiring, sure, but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment