Monday, July 12, 2010

Accidents Happen

No, this post is not about poop.

My wife's sister got married on Saturday. It was an amazing day filled with love and laughter. Exactly what a wedding should be all about. The booze was flowing and people were enjoying themselves thoroughly.

My wife look absolutely stunning. She had this glow about here that was mesmerizing and she walked with such grace and elegance down the isle hosting duties as the maid of honor. As she pulled a kleenex from her bosom to wipe the tears of joy, she let everyone in on what it meant to her to see her little sister walk down that isle and get hitched to a wonderful guy I now call my brother.

Midnight struck and the catering van wanted to leave. Our van was in the way and I had the keys so I thought I would move the van out of the way for a quick exit. Well, I ended up scraping the side of the van on a big rock (too much VanGough espresso vodka I'm guessing) and didn't remember that I had done it until the next day. My first accident and we haven't even had the kids yet, which is probably a good thing. I'll be sure to give the keys to wife next time, but as I look back my intentions were only to give her some rest from a long and emotionally exhausting day.

Can't wait to spend money to get it fixed!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm espresso vodka - that could be the answer to your quest for a caffeinated beverage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you described your wife... beautiful, Schaubs.. just beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete