Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Coffee

I've probably had no more than 3 cups of coffee this year and less than 20 cups in my entire life. At least half of those had Baileys in them. The other half I didn't finish.

So I am thinking about taking up coffee. I've thought about this many times throughout my career and I've never really given it a true chance. I see all the people around me who can't function without it. That is the part that scares me. The addiction.

I figure I am going to need some sort of pick me up though. So what do I do when I am working on 2 hours sleep and need to focus at my desk? I don't want to become a walking zombie if there is another alternative. 5 hour energy drink can't be good for you and I've never tried it. Red Bull is only good with Vodka or before a baseball game.

I am stumped. Can't wait to lose lots of sleep!

4 comments:

  1. I think there was a recent study re: coffee drinkers that said that habitual drinkers were not getting an energy boost above non-drinkers; they were merely getting back to even, because they came to depend on the coffee.

    I only mention this because it seems like if you want it to increase energy, it really isn't the smartest move. Besides, tea has more caffeine than coffee and it might be easier to get into, as opposed to coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either way, you will become a zombie...coffee or not. But it's only like the first year. :) Totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee - just go with good stuff. No fucking pods, no fucking Starbucks. Since you'll be a zombie and have no time, grinding your own will probably just result in lost fingers or something. So find a local café that roasts daily and knows how to do that arty stuff on a cappuccino. Their coffee should be quality on its own without anything added. Add cream or sugar as you like, but really good coffee should lead to acquiring a taste for it black.

    Or find an energy drink you like the taste of. Red Bull is awful, but others are better.

    ReplyDelete